I present to you the “healthiest bread ever” inspired by @cleaneatinggoddess and wow was it amazing! Gluten free, dairy free and basically vegan (if you leave out the honey). All that’s in here are nuts, psyllium husk, seeds, and oats. This bread really tasted like traditional wheat bread. I put @traderjoes everything but the bagel seasoning on one and sesame seeds and pepitas on the other. The homemade ricotta and raspberry jam didn’t hurt either
Recipe Below directly from CEG website. Photos are my own.
Credit: Clean Eating Goddess
• 2 cups nut flour (you can buy store bought, or make your own by pulsing nuts in food processor)
• 1 cup buckwheat or gluten free oat flour
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• 1/4 cup chia or flax seeds
• 1/4 cup sesame seeds
• 5 tbsp psyllium husk
• pinch of pink salt
• 1 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
• 2 cups cold water
• Topping options: pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, everything bagel spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut or olive oil.
2. In a large bowl add nut flour, buckwheat flour, hemp hearts, chia seeds, sesame seeds, psyllium husk, salt and honey. Whisk until combined.
3. Add 2 cups of cold filtered water and mix until combined. Allow to sit for a few minutes until a firm dough forms.
4. Press mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle desired toppings. Press the toppings lightly into loaf so they don’t fall off.
5. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
6. Once cooled, slice at your desired thickness. The bread will keep fresh for a few days, but I like to freeze it right away. All you need to do is place a small piece of parchment between each piece (to avoid the pieces from sticking together) and store in a freezer bag. Alternatively, you could lay out each piece of bread on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once each piece is frozen, you could add them to a freezer safe container or bag. You’ll have bread for months (if it lasts that long).