Polenta and Mushrooms
½ cup ground cornmeal
2 cups water or milk
1-2 T butter
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp kosher salt
Shitake or any mushroom of your choice
1 T olive oil/butter
salt to taste
- Boil water in a heavy bottomed sauce pan
- Once the water is boiling add the cornmeal in slowly and whisk until smooth
- While cornmeal mixture is cooking sauté mushrooms in a pan with oil and cook until soft. About 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Set aside.
- Let the cornmeal cook until soft and smooth. Continue whisking if it gets lumpy. About 6 minutes
- When the cornmeal is smooth and not gritty add in the butter and whisk until melted.
- Pour cooked polenta into a bowl, top with mushrooms and cheese and salt to taste.