Thick and chewy. Don’t wait to make these.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar and salt
- Add in water and oil and mix until rough dough forms
- Put dough on the counter and knead until smooth and uniform (about 5 min)
- Let the dough rest for 20-30 minutes covered with a towel
Rolling them out:
- Divide the dough into 6 large balls of 8 larger balls
- Flour a surface and use the rolling pin to roll out the balls. Keep the unrolled balls covered while frying the tortillas.
Frying the dough:
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into a pan. You only need just enough to cover the pan.
- Lay the flattened dough over the hot bubbly oil. Fry on each side until bubbles form and golden
- Cut into strips for soups and chilis
- Used for dips and more!