Cacio is my favorite pasta. You need to make this. Salty, creamy and super rich.
- 1 cup parmigiana reggiano (freshly grated)
- 1 cup parmesan romana (freshly grated)
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2-1 box bucatini or spaghetti
- 1/4- 1/2 cup pasta water
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Meanwhile, melt butter and olive oil in heavy bottomed pan
- Add pepper and toast until fragrant on low heat
- When pasta is cooked, use tongs to transfer it to the butter/oil mixture
- Coat pasta in butter mixture and add cheese
- Add pasta water a little at a time and mix. Add more water to the pasta if its too thick. Be careful to not add too much! The water will emulsify with the butter mixture to create a thick cheesy sauce.
- Plate and top with extra parmesan and pepper
- Be sure to tag your finished photo at #pixleyhilleats #pixleyhillpasta #pixkleyhill
I recommend using less water to boil the pasta in. The water will become more concentrated with the starch from the pasta, therefore creating a better sauce when the pasta water is added to the cooked noodles.